When Dimple Met Rishi Review

  .

 So I'm slightly late on this book, but I'm still reviewing it. It's still fairly new and while it might not be perfect for the snowy weather, if you're in the Southern Hemisphere, this is a great beach read. But you can always put this on your TBR for the summer (and hopefully a sale.)

  So, When Dimple Met Rishi is about two Indian teenagers about to start their first steps into adulthood. Dimple is an independent Indian girl who has dreams of going to Stanford for web design and honestly doesn't care whether or not she finds a man. Rishi, on the other hand is a hopeless romantic who wholeheartedly accepts his Indian ideals, including arranged marriage. Most of this book takes place at Insomnia Con, a summer program for aspiring web developers, a program Dimple thought that she wouldn't get the opportunity to go to. However, her parents were more than pleased to pay or her to go to Insomnia Con, but little to Dimple's knowledge, she would be meeting her "ideal partner," Rishi. This is a lighthearted contemporary book that has women in STEM, feminism, Indian traditions, and following your passion versus going the traditional and safe route.


Now one of the things that I loved about this book is that I related more to Rishi more than I did Dimple. Now don't get me wrong, I am, or at least claim to be, an independent woman who don't need no man, but his love and appreciation for his culture and how much of a hopeless romantic he was resonated with me. I also enjoyed Dimple's stubborness, but YA isn't lacking those characters, but loving the culture that you come from isn't shown as much in YA. I really did enjoy reading about these two and learning a bit more about Indian culture.

Now onto the main thing that I didn't like. For one, I didn't like how their relationship ended. Now I don't want to spoil too much of it, but I feel that the "epilogue" should have been later in their lives rather than just a month later, because it kinda just felt more forced. But then again this is a contemporary, romance book, so I can't give it too much shit for it.


All in all, I enjoyed this book and gave it a 4/5 stars on Goodreads (it takes a lot for me to give a contemporary book a 5/5.) This is a book I recommend, especially if you need something lighthearted for the summer, or maybe after reading something incredibly heavy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lock Every Door Review

Microphones and Murders Review

Murder Monday #7 The Parachute Murder