This is Our Story Review

 
So if you're a fan of Pretty Little Liars, I feel you're gonna enjoy this book. This book is great for when you just wanna snuggle in for a page turner.

   This book is surrounded by the death of one Grant Perkins, a teenage prep school boy, who was killed by one of his friends: Logan, Henry, Shep, or John Michael. The problem is that all the boy were at least drunk or high when Grant was shot, no one remembers the details of the night, and every one of the boys had held and shot the gun that killed Grant. Now these four are suspects in a possible murder and are currently in a public high school while their parents, who are pretty damn wealthy, are trying to push the matter under the rug. So in comes Kate Marino, a senior at the public high school who also has an internship with the prosecutor that is in charge of the Grant Perkins case, but Kate has been corresponding with the victim the night before he was killed. Or was she?

  What I loved about this book is that it kept me completely enticed throughout the whole story (I did read it in just a day). This book just has turns on turns on turns, although some you can kinda see coming. I do find so many similarities between this book and Pretty Little Liars: one, the character that gets killed pretty much held the group together; two, that character seemed innocent and sweet, until you crossed them; and three, their death is based off of #2.

   The one thing about this book is that I wanted to just yell mistrial throughout this whole book? I don't know if including young people in the judicial system make it so easier to break courtroom decorum? I mean this doesn't happen til the end so slight spoiler, but it would be so easy to get this whole case retried, if not thrown out altogether. I mean this is probably going to be the only book in the series, but AHHH it's bothers me so much, but I might be the only person who's thinking this (I've also been listening to A LOT of true crime too)

  All in all, I gave this a 4.5/5 (but goodreads has not let us give half star ratings) and can I say, I knew who did it before the end. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lock Every Door Review

Microphones and Murders Review

Murder Monday #7 The Parachute Murder