My Lady Jane Review **NONSPOILER**



   So I am SUPER late with this book, but if you're one of the few people that haven't read this book, I am here to change your mind on that. This is revisionist historical fiction with a fun twist telling the story of Lady Jane Grey, the nine-day queen. I don't know if this counts as a trigger warning but there is a bit of implied incest, mostly just in the romantic aspect nothing super creepy, but it's the 1500, we have to stay accurate to history right 😉. So in this book, instead of the English monarchy being ravaged by the Protestants v. Catholics, it actually is because of Eðian. Now Eðians are essentially people that can transform into animals, they only can transform into one particular animal and of course, they have to learn how to control it. Henry VIII was an Eðian,  King Edward and Lady Jane Grey are supporters of Eðians and secretly wished they were one, and Mary Queen of Scots absolutely hates them. This has three different points of view, King Edward, Jane Grey, and Gifford, who prefers to be called G, Jane's betrothed, who is an Eðian, more specifically a horse. This book is full of comic hilarity and I found myself laughing out loud on so many occasions. It still keeps it's humor while the plot darkens and once I started reading this I didn't want to put it down. Overall I gave this book a 5/5 and while there is a sequel to the Jane retellings, I really wish there was a sequel to this storyline. 


I'm also not going to talk about spoilery things because if you're reading this, you probably haven't read it and also it's been like 5 months since I read it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lock Every Door Review

Microphones and Murders Review

Murder Monday #7 The Parachute Murder