Daughter of the Pirate King Review



   Finally, we're out of the backstock and I can now talk about books that I've read recently, for me recently means like a couple of days ago. To be honest, I had a lot of hope going into this book (thanks One Piece) and this book didn't fail, but it didn't exactly meet my expectations. So this book is about Alosa, the daughter of the pirate king, who allows herself to get captured in order to search the ship for a certain map. However, the ship's first mate, Riden, is making it much more complicated. What I loved was that Alosa was definitely a BAMF, and it definitely had a unique storyline to it. However, while Alosa is a BAMF it's almost stereotypical, she's incredibly brash about it, almost verging on the line of annoying and honestly you can see the romance plot coming from several miles away. This is definitely a book that isn't going to throw a complete curveball slam into your face, but it still has some twists in it. I would say if you enjoy the Calaena from the Throne of Glass series, I think you'll enjoy this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lock Every Door Review

Microphones and Murders Review

Murder Monday #7 The Parachute Murder