Hyped Books I HAVEN'T Read




 Okay, so for many of you, you probably don't know that I haven't really read that much in the past six years. Well I got back into it in the past year, but honestly I think from 2011 until 2017,  I read maybe five or six books. I know, it's devastating and because of that INCREDIBLY long reading slump there's a lot of books that I haven't read yet. So I've scoured through my Goodreads to read list along with watching some Booktubers talk about some very hyped books. I will say, it's okay to be shocked that I haven't read these, but don't worry, I will be getting to them. In fact you can keep up with everything I read not only on my Goodreads, but also Knives as Bookmarks has a Twitter and Instagram, so you can keep up with the blog on there and maybe even control my future TBRs, we'll see where that goes, so go ahead and follow me on those at KnivesasBookmarks. But anyways, let jump into the part where I shame myself for not reading pretty much ANYTHING for SIX YEARS!


All of the Shadowhunters Series by Cassandra Clare

 Okay, while this book series technically came out as early as 2007, I never thought about reading it. I don't know what exactly prevented me from reading these. I think I would have been in 7th or 8th grade and all I can remember was that a lot of people in my grade were reading Twilight or Lurlene McDaniel books. I don't know if anyone was reading City of Bones, but I also remember that after middle school I really stopped reading for fun, and while I did read some Lurlene McDaniel books, which if you don't know she writes sad, contemporary, YA? (I'm not sure if it was YA or middle grade) I also remember reading a couple of John Grisham books around that time and maybe I thought City of Bones (I'm referring to the series just as City of Bones because if I didn't read the first book, I know I wouldn't randomly jump into the middle of the series) was just another vampire book. I'm not sure, but now, I just been trying to catch up on some other hyped series rather than just getting half way through a bunch of series. Also there's two or three other companion series and I'm not sure if I can read them before the Shadowhunters main series? I'm not sure.


Grisha Verse by Leigh Bardugo

 Okay, now I've heard a lot about this series and I'm kinda intrigued and the main reason I never got around to the series is because my library doesn't have Six of Crows. I have an odd quirk where I'm nervous in buying a book unless I know I'll love it, so that's why I haven't decided to buy the book, but hopefully I'll be able to find it soon.


Harry Potter by JK Rowling

Okay, before you come at me with your pitchforks and molotov cocktails, I technically have read some of the books from the series, but I know I never read the fifth or sixth books. I think I read the fourth book (but I could just be remembering the movie), but the main reason for that was my sister was holding the two "hostage" and never let me read them because they were hers (my parents would buy the books for the both of us, but my sister always got to read them first because she was "older.") But, I also wanted to include this series because not only have I not read two of the seven books, but I haven't reread the books in YEARS. I know a lot of people do annual rereads of it, but I never really felt the want/need to. Should I go back through and reread the series?


The Book Thief by Markus Zusack

So this is one of Hailey from Hailey in Bookland's all time favorite book and there's 1 million + reviews on Goodreads about it and I never read it. I don't know if this was a book a lot of people read in high school, but this wasn't required in my school (granted I didn't always read everything I was assigned in school, but I know this wasn't assigned.) Also this is another book that my library doesn't have, so that's part of the reason I have yet to read it because I am a sucker for historical fiction.


The Lord of the Rings Series by JRR Tolkien

 Time for another WTF series. I don't know why exactly I haven't read this book other than I used to not love high fantasy novels. I will say that I haven't watched the movies either, so at least I don't JUST watch the movies, but for some reason I never really felt like I needed to read this series, but I feel like it's almost mandatory because I mean everyone's either read The Fellowship of the Ring or The Hobbit. 


A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas

 Okay, maybe this one you all might give me a slight break on. I believe it's a fairly new series (it came out in 2015) and since I missed out on the Throne of Glass series, I've been reading through that series and I want to finish (or at least catch up on) that series before I start a different series of hers. (You can check out my Series I Need to Catch Up On Post to hear me talk more about that series).



So that's it for this installment. I tried to avoid classics because some of the people (or maybe a lot) that read those were forced to due to school assignments and while there are some classics I want to get to, I don't want to shame myself or anyone else that they haven't read those. I mean there are books coming out now that can easily be seen as classics in the future so I don't want to drag myself for not reading a classic. But let me know what series I could start first, or if you can join me in admitting some hyped books you haven't read or if we have in common.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lock Every Door Review

Microphones and Murders Review

Murder Monday #7 The Parachute Murder