Series I Need to Catch up On

  Okay, so like most of y'all, we get started on a series only to never finish it until another book in the series comes out or you finally realize that you never finished the series and you forgot everything you read prior. Fortunately for me, most of these books fall into the first camp, but that doesn't mean if I don't catch up or finish these series I will still remember what the heck the books were about. So let's get into the series.


 Creekwood by Becky Albertalli

 Okay, this might not technically be a series, but Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda has, at least, a companion novel, Leah on the Offbeat. I flippin loved Simon and I really wanna to know more about Leah. I'm also not sure there are any plans for there to be more books set in this world or if just these two, but at least I just have one more book in the series.


Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine

  This one goes super dark and it's about a woman who was married to a serial killer and her children trying to just live their lives without constantly being connected to her atrocious ex-husband; also she has to deal with the asshole trolls on the internet who are making constant death threats to her and her family. Currently there's just one other book out in this series now, Killman Creek, BUT there's a third book planned in this series to come out next year.


The Gold Seer Trilogy by Rae Carson

 Once again, here's another series that I've only read one of the books, but I loved this series (SN: I usually only finish series up if I love the book/books I read prior). This book is set in the mid 1800s, an era that you usually don't find a lot of historical fiction from, where the main character is Lee, a young orphan girl who can sense gold! I haven't heard too much past the first book, but I'm still intrigued.


The Selection by Kiera Cass

 So, if you don't know, I was on a GIANT reading slump for about 5 to 6 years and this was one of the first books I read after getting out of that slump. Pretty much it's The Bachelor meets Royalty and I weirdly loved it; even though I never liked the bachelor/bachelorette. I have maybe nine books left in this series (although a lot of them were in between novels/ novellas and some of the books at least on goodreads counted the epilogue of some of the books were counted separately.)


Charlotte Holmes by Brittany Cavallaro

 I love murder mysteries if you couldn't tell by the name of the blog, but this one is so interesting. Like I love that while it's a retelling, they don't do it in the usual way, but instead creating a Holmes/Watson lineage and I FELL IN LOVE! I only read the first book, typical, and I thought that this series was just going to be a trilogy, but THERE'S A FOURTH BOOK ANTICIPATED FOR NEXT YEAR! If you can't tell by the all caps, I'm excited and ya girl needs to catch up.

Shades of London by Maureen Johnson

 Yet again, another murder mystery book, but wait there's more, this one has ghosts! Now I read the first book as an ebook and if I'm able to finish a book via ebook, I really enjoy it (I can do another post about how I read if you want.) But it's about a girl who goes from Louisiana to London and attends a boarding school while a possible Jack the Ripper copycat roams the streets. Now, I think I have at least three more books to read in this series, but when I went to look how many books were left in the series, there is a fourth book mentioned, but there's no name, no cover, but the publish date is set for 2018, so yet again, another series I need to get on  the ball with.


Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas

 I know everyone's probably thinking the same thing. WHAT? Why haven't I caught up on this series yet. I will say though, I have got to Heir of Fire, but the books are a bit daunting with the length of Sarah J Maas' work. I have been thrown into the mindset of so many books, so little time, but I love Celaena and I need to know what happens to her and Chaol. I only have three books to catch up on, but the LAST book comes out in October and I don't think I'm ready.

Maximum Ride by James Patterson

 Now, finally a series that I have to reread to remember what the heck happened before. I don't know how far I got in this series back in the day, but I remember really enjoying the series and I also found the manga for this series and I'm loving that as well. Now I'm not sure how I'm planning on catching up on the main series, but there's ten more book in the manga that I need to read.


Divergent by Veronica Roth

 Another series that I never finished and I forgot most of the series prior. I don't know why I distinctly remember what happened in Divergent, but all I remember from Insurgent was that it was more romance than action, so I need to at least reread that one before I get to Allegiant. Now I will say, Allegiant came out when I was in my slump and I just didn't really have the desire to read it and now I'm kicking myself for it.


Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

 Time for more murder mysteries! Now I really loved the first book and I just haven't found the second book at my local library. Part of me feels like I loved this book because of the Jack the Ripper aspect so I'm slightly nervous about the next books in the series because they don't go down the serial killer route, but I'm still interested.


An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
 
 Now this one I feel like is a bit more understandable. The third book came out maybe a month ago, but I'm so conflicted about this one. I know there's one more book coming out in the series so I'm torn between reading A Reaper at the Gates now or wait until book 4's publication date. I don't know!


 So that's it... for right now. There's a couple of other series I started but never finished, but I didn't want this post to be ridiculously long and there are some series that have sequels coming out soon, but currently I am caught up on, so if you guys want, I can always do sequels of this post. Let me know of some of the series you haven't finished, but want to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lock Every Door Review

Microphones and Murders Review

Murder Monday #7 The Parachute Murder