Sadie Review





   Okay, so maybe quite of few of Y'all have read this book, but for those of you who haven't, PUT IT DOWN! I really recommend listening to the audiobook for this because I think it is much more of an audio experience than a reading one. Now if you're confused, I got you. Sadie is a dual perspective story that surrounds the murder of Sadie's sister Mattie, one perspective is Sadie: Mattie's older sister who knows what happened to Mattie and is one the search for her killer. Also, Sadie has a speech impediment, which is part of the reason I recommend the audiobook because they do implement it pretty well. The other perspective is a podcast a la Serial set after Sadie leaves to find Mattie's murderer as West McCray, the host of the podcast, tries to find Sadie and Mattie. I really enjoyed the book overall, it's been a few months since I read it so I can't go into super details, I felt truly immersed in the world and the podcast was unique and actually aided the story a whole lot because you got more background information than what you get from Sadie, considering you get very little information from her. My one complaint, and honestly I'm the only person complaining about this and it's kinda petty, but I was kinda upset about the format of the podcast. It was probably because most of the true crime podcasts I've been listening to are kinda like My Favorite Murder or Small Town Murder, where there is a hint of humor in the episodes and not as depressing, but it upset me enough to knock down my rating. But, I get it; the book is dark and depressing and you can't have a host talking shit about some of the garbage people in the story, like Sadie's mother and the garbage boyfriends she drags into her children's' lives, but it made me enjoy it less. All in all, this book is absolutely a solid 4 if not  4.5/ 5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lock Every Door Review

Murder Monday #7 The Parachute Murder

Dread Nation Review