Lock Every Door Review

Image result for lock every door





 Okay, so I figured that everyone that wants to reads this book has already read it, but GUYS, this book was so good! As much as I want to talk to people about all the spoilery things that happened, I know that I need to make this review a push for people that are on the fence or people that insist they aren't going to read this book, to read it.

So, the book is about a woman named Jules who, at the beginning of the book, was let go from her job and broke up with her cheating boyfriend in the same day or at least relatively close together, and finds a job listing that she can't turn down. Apartment sitting for 3 months accruing her a total of 12 thousand dollars at the prestigious Bartholomew, a glamorous and secretive apartment complex in Manhattan. While things seem a bit off, such as the rules that she's not allowed to have visitors or that she's not allowed to sleep away from the property, but Jules chalks it to the other tenants wanting their privacy, since most of them come from fame, fortune, or both. Soon after moving in, Jules meets one of the other apartment sitters, Ingrid, and become quick friends. Soon, Ingrid goes missing, and most just assume that she moved out, but Jules knows that something is up and she's determined to figure out what happened to her friend.

Now, I can't say too much without spoiling a lot because thrillers consist of so many spoiler plot devices, but I really enjoyed all the twists throughout the book. I will say I did see one of the twists coming but there are quite a few that I think are honestly quite refreshing while also being realistic. Another thing is that this is not one of those thrillers that bring in random bs characters as the final antagonist (yes I know that this could be seen as a spoiler, but nothing irks me more than having the true antagonist being revealed at the end because you can't really guess it.)

I know this isn't an in-depth review but I don't want to spoil this for anyone, but if you guys want me to a spoiler-filled review, let me know and I will do one in the future.

Comments

  1. I didn't read the review since I still need to pick this one up. But I loved Riley's first two books and can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Murder Monday #7 The Parachute Murder

Dread Nation Review