Circle of Shadows Review **SPOILERS**



   So, if any of you guys read my January new releases, you know how excited I was for this book and it didn't disappoint, well not really. So in the world of Kichona, there are warriors called Taigas who are blessed with powers by the Gods to protect the kingdom and since the Blood Rift Rebellion, the kingdom has been prosperous and peaceful. This book has duel perspectives between Sora and Daemon, two apprentice warriors on the cusp of graduating. Sora is top of the class and excels at using her Taiga magic, while her gemina, Daemon, is much more proficient at hand to hand combat. When they are assigned to a simple scouting mission, they come across an odd camp of mysterious soldiers and they decide to infiltrate the camp in order to prove themselves. Once they infiltrate they learn that peace may soon end for their kingdom and that they Gods blessed powers are no match for their potential opponents.



   So let's get into what I loved and didn't love and by the way, this is where I get into spoilers so you've been warned. I absolutely loved the dynamic between Sora and Daemon. While it might have been due to the fact they so highly reminded me of one of my favorite ships, I love that it wasn't just two people that have feelings for each other, they had a relationship built onto so much more. Of course, they'll probably get together by the end of the series, these two characters are great on their own, but together they're just even better. Now one thing that I hated was the relationship that started between Daemon and Spirit because honestly it just feels like a throwaway relationship. Like I get it, Sora and Daemon, and Spirit and Stick? (honestly, I can't remember Spirit's gemina's name), were all super close, but there was NO BUILD UP to a potential relationship between Daemon and Spirit and I really don't like relationships that are created out of nowhere, but I really don't like when a relationship is used to throw away. I really enjoyed the world building in this book and when I was reading reviews (mainly to figure out what Spirit's gemina's name was) a lot of people were saying that if you enjoy anime, you'll enjoy this book and I agree. It almost felt like I was reading Naruto rather than watching (an au where the didn't kill a certain genius, but I digress) and I'm very excited to see how the sequel is because I want to see the world building in some of the other kingdoms. However, my biggest complaint was that it seemed a bit predictable, but I kinda appreciate the foreshadowing it brings rather than introducing a completely new element or character because it doesn't give the reader the opportunity to figure out what's gonna happen, but maybe that's just me. I gave this book a 5/5 and let me know what you all thought of the book in the comments or let me know on any social its knivesasbookmarks on Instagram and twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lock Every Door Review

Microphones and Murders Review

Murder Monday #7 The Parachute Murder