March New Releases

IT'S TIME FOR MORE NEW RELEASES! Also I apologize I was MIA last month, but I am back.


The Flight Attendant- Chris Bohjalian
Release Date: 3.13.18
Genre: Mystery, Thriller

The protagonist is a flight attendant and a binge drinker. While she maybe used to the occasional blackouts, when she awakes in a Dubai hotel room and notices the man she was with the night before, lying in a pool of blood, she tries to piece together what exactly happened the night before and tries to figure out whether or not she killed him.


To Kill a Kingdom- Alexandra Christo
Release Date: 3.6.18
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy

This book is about Lira, who is siren loyalty as well as the most lethal siren. In a twist of events, Lira is forced to kill one of her own and as punishment the Sea Queen turns Lira into a human. In order for Lira to become a siren again, she must bring the Sea Queen the heart of Prince Elian. For some reason this is giving me some dark, twisty Little Mermaid vibes and I'm super excited.



Children of Blood and Bone- Tomi Adeyemi
Release Date: 3.6.18
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy

This story revolves around Zelie Adebola who remembers when her home used to be saturated with magic, but when a ruthless king takes over, the magic disappears. Zelie must work with a rogue princess to bring magic back to the land before the crown prince eradicates magic for good. I've heard people say that this is similar to the Harry Potter series, but I'm kinding of getting Throne of Glass vibes from the synopsis (maybe just because I'm currently reading the series.)


The Case for Jamie- Brittany Cavallaro
Release Date: 3.6.18
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Retellings

Now I don't want to say too much about this specific book (or even read the synopsis) because I haven't read the second book to this trilogy and I have (unfortunately) read the first sentence of the synopsis on goodreads and I feel like the book has been ruined (the 2nd book not this one.) But the premise of the series is that Sherlock and Watson were in fact real people and a few generations later Charlotte Holmes and Jamie Watson meet as if by destiny (not really but trying not to spoil). At the boarding school they both attend, they must find who killed their classmate, when it seems like they are the main suspects. I thought/ hoped there would be more books in this series and I'm slightly upset that this is the last book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lock Every Door Review

Microphones and Murders Review

Murder Monday #7 The Parachute Murder