February New Releases

  One month down, eleven to go and if you're struggling with your New Year's Resolution of reading more, fear no more here are some new releases that I'm super excited about, maybe this will get you out of that reading slump.


The Phantom's Apprentice- Heather Webb
Release Date: 2.6.18
Genre: Retellings

So usually when you hear about retellings, you think about fairy tales dating back to the Grimms brothers, not The Phantom of the Opera. This book is about Christine who must make the choice of becoming a star at the Paris Opera, which was what her father always wanted, or to become a master of illusions, which is her dream. First, she need to steal the secret of the master who haunts her.


I've Got This Round- Mamrie Hart
Release Date: 2.6.18
Genre: Memoir, Nonfiction, Humor

So I love Mamrie Hart. I love her videos and her humor, which is why I'm excited for this book. This humorous memoir talks about her entering her 30s and single, where she finds out that the world is her oyster.


The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle- Stuart Turton
Release Date: 2.8.18
Genre: Mystery, Thriller

This book is definitely in my top five for books I'm mot excited for this year. Evelyn Hardcastle will be murdered by the end of the night and Aiden Bishop has to save her, but he fails. Every day. That's right, it's a Groundhog's Day meets murder mystery. Aiden can only escape this if he can solve her murder. Considering that thrillers are in my wheelhouse, I am surprised that I've never heard about a book like this nor have I even thought of an idea like this, so I'm super excited.



American Panda- Gloria Chao
Release Date:2.6.18
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary

So this is another of those books about a different nationality, for those of you who don't know I am trying to read a book about a character from every country and a book written by someone from every country, and this is about a seventeen year old MIT freshman named Mei. Her parents want her to become a doctor, marry a preapproved Taiwanese Ivy Leaguer, and produce a bunch of babies. However, Mei can't tell her parents the truth that she hates germs, falls asleep in biology lectures, and has a crush on someone who is not Taiwanese. When she reconnects with her brother, who is estranged from the family for dating the wrong woman, she questions whether she can keep her secrets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lock Every Door Review

Microphones and Murders Review

Murder Monday #7 The Parachute Murder